Accident and Emergencies

A&E and 999 are emergency services that should only be used when people are badly injured or show symptoms of critical illness.

You should dial 999 if someone has:

  • Chest pains
  • Heavy blood loss
  • A deep lesion such as a stab wound
  • Difficulty in breathing
  • Severe burns
  • Become unconscious

If you are not sure whether you should attend A&E, you can always telephone NHS 111 and ask for advice.

Local Accident and Emergency departments are located at:

  • Barnet Hospital, EN5 3DJ
  • North Middlesex Hospital, N18 1QX
  • Princess Alexandra, Harlow CM20 1QX

Find a accident and emergency services services nearest to you…